Privacy The Institute of Medical Illustrators takes privacy issues seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal information. The Institute operates within the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
What information do we hold and how do we obtain it? The type of information we collect and hold about you will depend on whether or not you are a member of the Institute, simply browsing our resources, or contacting us for other purposes.
You will be asked to submit personal information when you:
* apply for Institute membership,
* use any of our social tools,
* register for Institute events or services, including subscribing to updates or bulletins,
* contact the Institute for any other purpose (including via social media)
* enter the IMI Awards competition
This may include your name, surname, your IMI or AHCS registration number, date of birth, post code and email address. For other services, we may require further personal details. On occasion, we may also collect your opinions when you complete surveys or respond to questions from us. We gather this information to allow us to process your application or any other services you require.
If you are an IMI member, we collect additional information about you in your membership application. We will also collect information during the course of your membership about the services you use, your preferences, responses to surveys, attendance at events and other contact you have with us (including use of any of our services).
Finally, we may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training and compliance.
For what purpose do we use your information?
* To provide you with necessary communications
* To provide you with information on joining or qualifying
* To administer your membership record
* To provide you with membership benefits
* To enable you to receive the service you have requested
* To provide you with information about research, services and events offered by the Institute and its carefully selected partners
Caring for your data Data is held in a central membership database, which has the appropriate level of security in place given the nature of the data and the harm that might result from a breach of security.
* Not hold information about you that is excessive in relation to the purpose(s) for which it is used.
* Use only the very latest data provided by you. To help us do this, please keep us informed if any of your details change.
* Not keep information for any purpose longer than is necessary. We may retain your records (for example upon cancellation of membership) to enable us to solve any subsequent queries and comply with legislative requirements.
Members’ Login Logging in is necessary to access the members’ only area of the website. The login facility is only available to IMI members who have been assigned a username and password.
Our contact details We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us via our registered office at 12 Coldbath Square London EC1R 5HL or call us on 0207 837 28